Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Not Again!

I keep telling myself that I am going to keep updating my blog on a weekly basis, but here it is an entire month since my last posting - YET AGAIN!

A lot has happened this month... Let's see... It was the last month of preschool, and we stayed busy with some very fun field trips. Tanaka farms was one of our favorite. We got a tour of the farm and tried lots of fresh veggies, and then we were able to pick strawberries to eat! Hannah loved it. Unfortunatley, I didn't have my camera for several events, so there won't be any pics of this activity until I gather them from friends!

We went to Utah earlier this month because Mark opened the PacSun at Southtowne Mall, so we were lucky enough to spend Mother's Day with our Mothers, and also talk to little missionary sister Laura over the phone. It was a good time, and it is always great to see the family. Mom and Dad bought me some birthday gifts while we were out there... a new nail drill was among them! Thank You!!!

WE finished up the last few weeks of preschool after we came home, and then Christina organized the cutest preschool "graduation". VERY CUTE. My 28th birthday also happened this month. Mark took me out to dinner, gave me a cute skirt and top, and then he and I went to Disneyland without the kids and did all of the "adult" rides. VERY FUN!!!

June 1st was the San Diego marathon which I have been training for over the last few months. My time was 4:08, and that beat the time of 4:38 that I got for the Top Of Utah marathon in Logan 2006! I was aiming for 3:50, but I just couldn't run very fast after the first 15 miles... I should have paced better! Next time! (assuming Mark will ever allow me to run another!)

The BEST part of the month - the suprise 80's themed birthday party my friends threw for me last night! TOTALLY AWESOME! We played games and rock band and they all pitched in for a sewing machine (I have been really wanting one)!!! THANKS AGAIN GIRLS!!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on the marathon, that is unbelievable! You are pretty amazing.

jessi said...

Congrats on the marathon...that is so awesome! You look fabulous bytheway and I am sorry I missed your birthday! Happy late birthday!

tiffany Snyder said...

happy belated birthday... so sorry i missed the party, i heard it was a blast... see you soon...